If you are looking for stately grandeur then Castle Coole is a rare treat. Surrounded by its stunning landscape park on the edge of Enniskillen, this majestic 18th century home of the Earls of Belmore, designed by James Wyatt, was created to impress. The surrounding wooded landscape park sloping down to Lough Coole is ideal for long walks.
- One of Ireland's greatest neo-classical houses
- Unusual servant's tunnel
- Historic landscape park, ideal for family walks
- Café open at weekends with a limited takeaway service.
- Dogs welcome on leads in grounds/garden only.
Castlecoole RoadEnniskillenCounty FermanaghBT74 6JYTel: +44 (0) 28 6632 2690Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWeb: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/castle-coole
Directions from Town:
Bus: Ulsterbus No. 261 between Belfast and Enniskillen, request stop at entrance gates. Cycle: 1.5 miles from NCN route 91, signs from Lakeland Forum in Enniskillen. Boat: Public jetty at Ardhowen Theatre opposite Estate gates. Car: On A4, 1.5 miles from Enniskillen, on main Enniskillen to Belfast road. Drive time: Enniskillen 5 minutes, Belfast 1.5 hours, Dublin 2.5 hours.
The grounds are open daily. The tearoom and bookshop are open on weekends. The Mansion is open for guided tours, weekends only throughout June.
Daily 10:00 - 18:00
Sat - Sun 12:00-17:00
Sat - Sun 11:00-16:00
On weekdays it is not necessary to pre-book your visit. On weekends, booking is recommended to guarantee entry. Pre-booking available via website
Admission only (House tours additional)
• Adult non-member (18+) £5
• Child non-member (5-17yrs) £2.50
• Non-member family (1 adult max 3 children) £7.50
• Non-member family (2 adults max 3 children) £12.50
Credit/Debit Cards Accepted, Euro Accepted, WiFi, Parking Available