Pleasantly wooded town park with walks, shrub gardens and children's play area in central Enniskillen. Started in 1845, the monument took twelve years to complete. It is built in memory of Sir G Lowry Cole G.C.B. A series of 180 spiral steps lead to a viewing platform with magnificent views of Enniskillen and the surrounding area. There is a small admission charge for the Monument. Tickets can be purchased at the Enniskillen Tourist Information Centre. Children must be accompanied by adults. Monument: April-Sep: Daily 1.30pm - 3pm - other times by arrangement. The park is open all year.
Wheelchair access limited to park only, not monument.
Directions from Town:
Accessible from the roundabout at the east end of Belmore Street or from East Bridge, by a series of steps.
Mid April-End Sep: Daily 1.30pm - 3pm (other times by arrangement).